POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image_map > solid object : Re: image_map > solid object Server Time
27 Apr 2024 15:47:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: image_map > solid object
From: Alain
Date: 3 May 2016 10:33:38
Message: <5728b6c2$1@news.povray.org>

> Like I said, this example PNG is very simple, 2 colors indeed.
> But I have others with many colors, more complicated shapes, not so easy to
> separate colors/shapes.
> Also, heightfield does not produce the quality I need, I used them a long time
> ago and they are not very smooth and sharp.

You can increase the resolution of the image used in the height_field to
get smoother edges. Also, slightly bluring the inage used can help in
this case.
To have sharper results, scale the hight_field verticaly by something
like 100 (scale<1,100,1>), and clip it using a box of the desired height
in an intersection.

Alain