POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lathe. Bezier_spline. Problem : Re: Lathe. Bezier_spline. Problem Server Time
18 May 2024 19:44:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lathe. Bezier_spline. Problem
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 2 May 2016 21:45:24
Message: <572802b4@news.povray.org>
On 05/02/2016 03:16 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 02.05.2016 um 19:47 schrieb William F Pokorny:
>
>> I think I covered all the cases somewhat, but if not let me know.
>
> What about these:

Thanks Christoph as always for the detailed thinking. I'll sleep on your
questions and dig into specifics tomorrow morning.

Responding quickly for now, I kind of expected bounding to break and for
surfaces to flip inside out with negative coordinates.

I cannot see a reason to, say, make right all shapes/bounding when
passed negative on curve points because at the moment I believe we can
otherwise create the same - intended - shapes with, all positive, on
curve points.

Sturm was on.

Maybe too I'll take a quick look into why -MB isn't working in 3.7* as
it would be nice to see these shapes rendered with bounding completely
off.

Bill P.