POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povclipse2 : Re: povclipse2 Server Time
5 May 2024 19:31:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povclipse2
From: dick balaska
Date: 2 May 2016 16:28:24
Message: <5727b868$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-05-02 07:13, also sprach Le_Forgeron:

> It looks already lovely to me. [1]

Thanks. It's getting there. I'm about ready to start calling povray
again. Determining cwd was tricky.

Working out the tri-statedness was a bitch too.  (A field is
on/off/undefined).  I started writing my original post because I
couldn't figure out how to represent that.  Before I pressed send, I
figured out to hide the checkbox/spinner for undefined and then click
the label to enable the field. Clickable labels is not really an
industry standard gui op, but then, for tri-state, what is?  A checkbox
has a standard (check/uncheck/grey filled) but a spinner or text field
does not.
Another option would have been a right-click menu to enable/disable a
field, but that was a lot more work. :)

> Maybe it's just a matter of style. Does
> eclipse use HTML/CSS ? or something else ?

Java GridLayout. Define a 2x2 grid and then add your 4 Widgets in order
[2], so they end up in the right place. There is a Border object that
decorates the border of the grid. I thought I'd inherit the eclipse
default, but apparently not. Hopefully it's just a matter of finding the
PrettyBorder flag in the constructor. ;)

[1] *This* looks lovely to me...
http://www.buckosoft.com/povclipse2/g/povclipse2_testpov.png
This is what I'm excited for. A modern editor that I can ctrl-click a
label and go to that definition (or hover over a label and quick-see the
definition).  Markus did a ton of great work on povclipse. It just needs
a small lorryload of polish.

[2] Another bitch.  My first tab, "Overview" wants to reference the
other tabs that haven't been created yet.
--
dik