POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Irid vs SSLT redux (with less assumed gamma) : Re: Irid vs SSLT redux (with less assumed gamma) Server Time
6 May 2024 10:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irid vs SSLT redux (with less assumed gamma)
From: clipka
Date: 2 May 2016 09:41:48
Message: <5727591c$1@news.povray.org>
Oh, and one more thing...

Am 02.05.2016 um 14:40 schrieb Simon J. Cambridge:
> Points of note. The meshes need severe sub-division, the more the merrier. I
> also ran the gamut of 20 to 50 mm_per_unit for SSLT and settled on 40.

The mm_per_unit setting is not up for debate. Whatever distance in mm
one POV-Ray unit of distance supposedly corresponds to, that's the exact
value to plug in there.

So suppose your elf is 190 units tall, then mm_per_unit must be set to
10, because we all know eleves stand 1.90 m tall. (Unless of course it's
an elf, in which case mm_per_unit must be set to 1, because we all know
elfs are 19 cm in height).

All tweaking is to be done on the translucency parameter.