POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Irid vs SubSurface : Re: Irid vs SubSurface Server Time
4 May 2024 09:45:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Irid vs SubSurface
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 May 2016 03:05:24
Message: <5725aab4$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-4-2016 19:45, Simon J. Cambridge wrote:
> Has anybody else used the Samuel Benge (thank you Samuel, btw) fastprox macros,
> and had satisfaction, do you know? Is this a route worthy of further travail?

Yes, I have. fastprox is very good although I prefer Edouard Poor's
proximity macros because they seem more comprehensive to me and a bit
faster over all. I have not used it for skin as such but for giving a
wear-and-tear look to textures. It might be interesting to see what it
does with skin though, an idea I shall pursue [takes ToDo list from pocket].

--
Thomas