POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Python, subprocess, error! : Re: Python, subprocess, error! Server Time
4 May 2024 03:11:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Python, subprocess, error!
From: Alain
Date: 29 Apr 2016 22:23:25
Message: <5724171d$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi,
> The yellow message is still there and Lanuhum architecture is different from
> mine, so that I would need to dig into it to understand...
> What would you advice I do to adapt the current code?  How should we provide a
> cross platform path in our pov files? have them use unix path all allong? so
> reverse all the windows paths slashes or use unix paths everywhere?

Never ever use any absolute path anywhere. I've seen to many construct

Absolute paths only work on the original machine.

Place all source files in the same folder/directory and zip or rar that
folder. For all standard includes used, assume that each install of
POV-Ray know how to access them, no mather what OS is used. Don't
include those standard files, it's not needed.

Alain