POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : concentric blobs clouds : Re: concentric blobs clouds Server Time
20 May 2024 16:33:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: concentric blobs clouds
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Apr 2016 03:38:33
Message: <57206c79$1@news.povray.org>
El 27/04/16 a las 08:56, Thomas de Groot escribió:
> Very nice indeed Jaime. How does this method relate to the df3 one
> used by Gilles Tran? I am familiar with that;

   Well, in fact I started first trying df3 clouds: I did my own
"makecloud" using ARRAYS_WriteDF3() to write the cloud files, sampling
the same blobs I'm using now. It worked fine, but it was slow to
generate clouds with decent resolution, and the look was too fluffy.
Also, I found no way to make the clouds less turbulent at bottom.

> I also used blobs for making smoke (Chris Huff or Michael Carneholm
> macros) but they are pretty slow.

   Well, I'm using another blob as container, and perhaps that's making
them faster, because I find them not much slower than the df3 ones.

--
jaime