POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : concentric blobs clouds : Re: concentric blobs clouds Server Time
9 May 2024 23:35:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: concentric blobs clouds
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 Apr 2016 12:56:13
Message: <571f9dad@news.povray.org>
El 26/04/16 a las 15:52, William F Pokorny escribió:
> Impressive - though am I correct there are some artifacts in the
> right part of the center top plume? Was it run with AA ?

   You have a good eye... I had to zoom several times to see them! Yes,
it was run without AA, and the artifacts are likely due to the media
container (another blob, BTW... I forgot to mention this).

> Asking mostly because of my continuing look into blob related
> bugs.Those spots look like other issues I have seen related to media
> and blobs at the blob(s) boundary.

   Yes, that's likely the problem: see the attached test. The inner solid
blob is the object used on the density pattern, and the transparent
outer blob is the media container: you can clearly see the artifacts are
coincident with a blob boundary.

--
jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blob-clouds-test-03d-containers.jpg' (74 KB)

Preview of image 'blob-clouds-test-03d-containers.jpg'
blob-clouds-test-03d-containers.jpg