POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : concentric blobs clouds : Re: concentric blobs clouds Server Time
9 May 2024 22:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: concentric blobs clouds
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 Apr 2016 12:45:55
Message: <571f9b43@news.povray.org>

> Here is a resource about the simulation on cloud phenomenon which I
> know.
>
> http://wiki.flightgear.org/Atmospheric_light_scattering

   Well, fortunately POV-Ray media scattering type 2 takes care of all
that... what I'm really looking for is some method to create convincing
cumulus shapes. Right now they are just a bunch of blob spheres filling
a random conical shape, but I've got some ideas to try from this paper:

   https://hal.inria.fr/inria-00537462/file/BN04_clouds.pdf

   I will try to start with a base blob with just a few big components
and then trace a lot of smaller ones on the surface of it.

--
jaime