POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : concentric blobs clouds : concentric blobs clouds Server Time
9 May 2024 20:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  concentric blobs clouds
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 26 Apr 2016 08:47:12
Message: <571f6350@news.povray.org>
I was going to add some cumulus to my sea scene, but the ones I had from
the project tierra where not very convincing, so... I started another
experiment.

The approach is similar to that of my previous cumulus include, but with
a trick to make softer media. As the method involved the object pattern,
the media was a bit sharp with just 0 or 1 in the density map.

The trick is to create an array of blob components positions and radius,
then use that to create 4 blobs with concentric shapes and use them on
an averaged density map. The results are surprisingly fast... this one
took "only" 47 min.

--
jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blob-clouds-test-03d.jpg' (52 KB)

Preview of image 'blob-clouds-test-03d.jpg'
blob-clouds-test-03d.jpg