POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for Syntax Suggestions : Re: Request for Syntax Suggestions Server Time
29 May 2024 02:00:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request for Syntax Suggestions
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Apr 2016 11:36:12
Message: <571ce7ec$1@news.povray.org>
Le 24/04/2016 17:19, William F Pokorny a écrit :

> I don't believe the function bounding being suggested is going to help with such
isosurfaces. It is at least not apparent to me how I could employ it. Perhaps I could
though if this new method could associate many containers - as in say a spline of
spheres/ranges - with
> one function?

Now thinking about it: what is the gain of one function being the sum of bounded boxed
functions,
compared to a multitude of distinct functions which are bounded by their own box ?

Wouldn't it duplicate the union{} for isosurfaces ?