POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Experimental alternative diffuse models : Re: Experimental alternative diffuse models Server Time
29 Apr 2024 12:48:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experimental alternative diffuse models
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Apr 2016 04:06:36
Message: <570cac8c@news.povray.org>
On 7-4-2016 16:39, clipka wrote:
> Am 07.04.2016 um 16:36 schrieb clipka:
>> Am 31.03.2016 um 19:27 schrieb clipka:
>>> I've just released an experimental version of POV-Ray implementing two
>>> alternative models for diffuse reflection, besides the classic so-called
>>> Lambertian model:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8545805%2Bav122
>>
>> A new build is currently in the making:
>
> Actually the build completed faster than I expected:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8555867%2Bav123

I have been wondering: How to see the relationship between UberPOV and
version 3.7.1-alpha, in the context of these diffuse models? The albedo
and brilliance terms originally in UberPOV are also available in alpha.

Another thing: the alternative diffuse models seem not to be available
any more in the tonemapping alpha version. I get an error message saying
undeclared identifier 'oren_nayar'

--
Thomas