POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inversion : Re: Inversion Server Time
19 May 2024 01:02:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inversion
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Apr 2016 07:52:04
Message: <570b8fe4$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/11/2016 12:23 PM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> El 11/04/16 a las 12:54, Stephen escribió:
>> I think that you are working in the right area. What sort of time
>> did it take? And what is the camera's FOV? I'm just curious.
>
>    Thanks... this one took only 11 seconds to parse (because the sea HF
> is only 2048x2048, versus the final one of 10240x10240), and 17 minutes
> to render (yes, the derivatives pattern is not much faster than the
> proximity pattern, after all).
>
>    About the camera, if you meant the angle... I don't know, I used
> direction here:
>
>    up 9*y right 16*x
>    direction 16*z

It looks really good full screen. I can actually see what looks like
waves that have been reflected off a shore. Amazing what the brain will
make of images. :-)

As it was a test you might have used a wide angle along the horizontal.
To get a wider view.

That's not too bad a time. I would not want to put it in an animation at
the larger resolution, though.

--

Regards
     Stephen