POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Experimental alternative diffuse models : Re: Experimental alternative diffuse models Server Time
19 May 2024 13:58:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experimental alternative diffuse models
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 Apr 2016 16:46:48
Message: <5706c738$1@news.povray.org>
Le 07/04/2016 22:26, clipka a écrit :
> Am 07.04.2016 um 18:32 schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>
>> Now, I know we have a "fresnel" qualifier, but could we have some easier keyword
for the alternative diffuse models ?
>> (and "lambert" is not even mentionned, that is a bit unfair)
>>
>> There is no chance to remember the exact spelling without double-checking the
documentation...

>> Something like "dusty" for oren_nayar, or "rough" ? and I have no clue for
lommel_seeliger.

> That's a no-go, as far as I'm concerned. Here's why:

Can we shorten them ? selecting only one of them (and if possible the easiest to
spell) ?
(or have aliases in the token array, so that either of them get recognised/parsed ?)

phong / specular is a nice illustration of that problem. Thanks for the point.

(I hate "Name of specifier" as a designation of item:
the law of refraction ( ior1.sin phi1 = ior2.sin phi2 ) is for many Snell's law.
But it is hammered in school as Descartes' law in France.
And sometime it is Snell-Descartes law.
Whatever, if you talk of it with an alien, you have no change of being understood
if you stick to "Name of specifier".

It's the first step of obscuring things in jargon.
)

Guess which country thinks CarolusMagnus, son of Pepin and Berthe/Bertrada, was the
emperor from ?