POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Experimental alternative diffuse models : Re: Experimental alternative diffuse models Server Time
19 May 2024 17:31:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experimental alternative diffuse models
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 7 Apr 2016 12:32:42
Message: <57068baa@news.povray.org>
Testing the new (123) code.

Center prism is lambertian (traditional)

On left, lommel_seeliger (0.5 and 1 at full left)

On most right, oren_nayar (2)

on front right, oren_nayar (1) and lommel_seeliger (0.5)

Now, I know we have a "fresnel" qualifier, but could we have some easier keyword for
the alternative diffuse models ?
(and "lambert" is not even mentionned, that is a bit unfair)

There is no chance to remember the exact spelling without double-checking the
documentation...

Something like "dusty" for oren_nayar, or "rough" ? and I have no clue for
lommel_seeliger.

It's unfair when compared to "phong", but a short name is better to avoid typo and for
memory.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 't.png' (150 KB)