POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Re: Ocean Server Time
3 Jun 2024 02:56:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 7 Apr 2016 07:47:01
Message: <570648b5$1@news.povray.org>
El 07/04/16 a las 13:35, clipka escribió:
> I'm wondering: Presuming the foam is a texture (rather than a media
> effect), shouldn't a slope pattern do the job?

   Yes, it is a texture (well, a pattern for the combined water/foam
texture map). And yes, that's what I thought at first, so I tried a
slope y with altitude, but didn't work very well... maybe my fault at
implementing it, but then I thought about the proximity pattern thing,
so I abandoned the slope approach.

--
jaime