POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Le Forgeron: experiments : Re: Le Forgeron: experiments Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Le Forgeron: experiments
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 3 Apr 2016 16:41:17
Message: <57017fed@news.povray.org>
Le 03/04/2016 21:40, LanuHum a écrit :
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
>> The hgpovray connection with the Blender continues.

> Le Forgeron example:
> camera
> { stereo distance (26)
> parallaxe atan2(13,300)
> location -300*z
> right image_width/image_height*x
> direction z
> up y
> angle 15
> }
>
> My exporter:
> camera {
>     stereo distance (???) //It is calculated the exporter or is declared by the
> user?

It's the distance between the eyes.
It's about 13 cm usually, for adult human at least.
I do not know if you have a scale setting for your scene. (something like: 1 pov unit
= x.xxx meter )

>     parallaxe atan2(???,???) //It is calculated the exporter or is declared by
> the user?

If you have a "focus" point, it might help.
Focus point is on the line from 'location', along 'direction'.

Here attached is an illustration of distance and parallaxe.

Value of parallaxe is in radian.

It's the angle away from the direction vector for each pseudo-center for the image of
each eye.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stereo.png' (59 KB)