POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Re: Ocean Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:08:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Apr 2016 04:18:10
Message: <5700d1c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/3/2016 7:54 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> I may be missing something here, but is animation not very easy? just
> rotate the inner cylinder. Essentially, the whole structure consists of
> two moving semitransparent, superposed, image_maps.

Probably not. But it is mumble, mumble years since I have seen one and
was not sure how the effect was created. I thought that the glass
cylinders might have been moulded to give local lenses on the inside.

Will the illusion work with computer graphics using planer images?
What sort of masking is needed for the images and what frame rate to
use? These questions I will need to find an answer to.
I think that this might distract me from Elite Dangerous, for a while. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen