POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Re: Ocean Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:49:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Apr 2016 15:32:18
Message: <57001e42$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/2/2016 2:56 PM, LanuHum wrote:

> Long ago in shop I photographed a pattern? (pictures,images?) reproduction.
> I don't see it realistic, but, I would like to simulate it for animation.
> For me it is very beautiful!

I recognise the island. It the one mentioned in Shakespeare’s play, “The
Tempest”.
“…’twixt the green sea and the azured vault...’ ;)

It is strikingly vibrant and unearthly.

How to animate it?
The only thing I can think of, is to find out how animated motion lamps
work. They had a cylindrical outer and inner part and the inner cylinder
rotated from the heat of the light. The outer cylinder had transparent
areas that showed the motion. A quick google did not describe the technique.
Examples:

https://youtu.be/TT3trX6oSjk

You get a short glimpse of the moving part here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzUSWjt3PWU

--

Regards
     Stephen