POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Re: Ocean Server Time
1 Jun 2024 13:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 2 Apr 2016 05:44:00
Message: <56ff9460@news.povray.org>

> I speak about simulation in graphics editors.

   Then that has nothing to do with POV-Ray... from that point of view,
it doesn't matter what POV-Ray can do, you just export the final mesh
and render it with a suitable material/media.

> The camera is located ashore. I wanted to see this coast. That it was
> clear, I attached the picture, but you already don't understand.

   I did understand, but wondered what you wrote in russian that got
translated as "foreshortening".

> You well repeated that ocean which I showed. But, it is very
> difficult method for users the Blender. :)))))

   As I said above, your exporter users should be making the ocean
surface by blender means (i.e.:
https://www.blender.org/manual/modeling/modifiers/simulate/ocean.html).
In my opinion, your job should only consist on providing good materials
on the POV-Ray export.

   Anyhow, if you wanted to let your users to use POV-Ray as a modeler in
this case, you could always use the HF_Square() macro to export the
height_field function as a mesh, but I wonder how would you allow them
preview that in Blender.

--
jaime