POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Re: Ocean Server Time
1 Jun 2024 13:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 2 Apr 2016 03:37:00
Message: <56ff769c@news.povray.org>
El 01/04/16 a las 22:45, Sven Littkowski escribió:
> This is the most realistic ocean I have seen so far! Will you
> publish the scene source code?

   Thanks... of course, sources will be published once I finish fiddling
with it.

> Just the sky is pink and some dust does not allow to see very far, so
> it seems.

   Well, the sky is from CIE_Skylight.inc, and yes, I've never been very
satisfied with the pinkish coloring at horizon. On the first image is
less noticeable as I lowered the white point to 4000K.

   The dust/haze is on purpose, to hide the fact that the sea is a mesh
with a finite resolution.

--
jaime