POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Re: Ocean Server Time
17 May 2024 16:40:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Apr 2016 13:28:06
Message: <56feafa6$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/1/2016 12:30 AM, dick balaska wrote:

> Am 2016-03-31 17:49, also sprach Stephen:
>> It is a compliment but not from a true seaman. I spent 16 years on
>> offshore oil rigs though.
>
> I worked on this tub http://www.mysticwhalercruises.com/

I love the gun ports. :)
Sign me up. Me harty!*

> One job I hated was "Balaska! Polish the bell!".

That's one I would have liked. "McAvoy! Polish the 'Skiving' brass".
I liked "make work". No one really cared about the job as long as you
weren't caught skiving. But then I'm a chancer with a diploma in
skiving. ;-)

> Summer sun on the open water, I'd be stripped down to my cut-offs and
> bandana. I found out later the purpose was to draw the white pegs [1]
> out of their cabins below and they'd come hang out on deck and *not*
> watch me sweat. ;)
>
> [1] On the cruise cabin assignment board in the land office, cabins were
> assigned by gender. White pegs were single women. We loved cruises with
> several white pegs...

No! I cannot believe that. How did you keep out of their clutches with
your cut-offs and bandana?

The things that I could tell you about the professors at my "university
of life".

I spent my holidays working at Butlins holiday camps. And not as a
redcoat, either. :-)

* It really p*sses me of when I hear "Avast! me harties."
Avast means, stop what you are doing.

--

Regards
     Stephen