POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Re: Ocean Server Time
3 May 2024 00:49:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean
From: dick balaska
Date: 31 Mar 2016 19:30:46
Message: <56fdb326$1@news.povray.org>
Very nice Jaime. I like the distance better than the foreground. I think
foam will help. Maybe in the Caribbean the water is that clean, but not
off New England. :)

Am 2016-03-31 17:49, also sprach Stephen:
> It is a compliment but not from a true seaman. I spent 16 years on
> offshore oil rigs though.

I worked on this tub http://www.mysticwhalercruises.com/

One job I hated was "Balaska! Polish the bell!".
Summer sun on the open water, I'd be stripped down to my cut-offs and
bandana. I found out later the purpose was to draw the white pegs [1]
out of their cabins below and they'd come hang out on deck and *not*
watch me sweat. ;)

[1] On the cruise cabin assignment board in the land office, cabins were
assigned by gender. White pegs were single women. We loved cruises with
several white pegs...
--
dik