POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Re: Ocean Server Time
3 May 2024 06:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Mar 2016 19:27:49
Message: <56fdb275$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/31/2016 11:06 PM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> El 31/03/16 a las 23:49, Stephen escribió:
>> I spent 16 years on offshore oil rigs though.
>
>    Well, then you must know how the sea looks almost as good as a true
> seaman. :)

Maybe better. I had a better view a hundred feet or so above the waves.
We used to watch the supply boats disappear in the troughs. A fine view
they got. Up and down, up and down. ;)

>> There is something fascinating about watching the sea.
>
>    Yes, just last weekend I was doing that. It was a beach with stones
> instead sand, and looking at the pebbles was almost as fascinating.

Oh yes. :-)
Are you on the Mediterranean or the Atlantic coast?

>> If you can render white caps or foam crests I will be mightily
>> impressed.
>
>    I'm on it, but it's not easy to get it convincing enough...

That I believe. I spent weeks trying to get a good result using Tek's
isosurface, not very well. :(

http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/portfolio/Stephen/366/index.html

--

Regards