POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ocean : Ocean Server Time
3 May 2024 08:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Ocean
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 31 Mar 2016 14:35:31
Message: <56fd6df3@news.povray.org>
Thanks to LanuHum for the inspiration... I read his post with the words
"We can't" and "POV-Ray" on the same sentence, and I could not resist
the temptation. ;)

It's done with a sum of several f_ridged_mf() on a function
height_field, media for the water and CIE_Skylight.inc for the sky. It
could be saved as a mesh using HF_Square, but after some tests I decided
to stick to the "live" height_field version, as it parses much faster.

P.S.: The foam is still on the making...
--
jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ocean-08.jpg' (79 KB) Download 'ocean-09.jpg' (77 KB)

Preview of image 'ocean-08.jpg'
ocean-08.jpg

Preview of image 'ocean-09.jpg'
ocean-09.jpg