POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : the concept of focus in povray? : Re: the concept of focus in povray? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:52:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the concept of focus in povray?
From: clipka
Date: 29 Mar 2016 11:04:28
Message: <56fa997c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.03.2016 um 05:54 schrieb Lsq:
> Hi,I have studied this soft for several days and have 2 questions:
>
> 1、which keyword is used to set the focus of perspective model carema?
> look_at?direction? or others?
> 2、Besides,when one focus of the carema is set,how can we ensure
> that the objects of the image is clear under this focus?
>
> I'm confused about this.Could anyone help me? Thanks!

The plane of focus is defined by specifying "focal_point VECTOR", where
VECTOR is a point on the desired plane of focus.

You will also need to specify "aperture FLOAT", where FLOAT is the
radius (or diameter? I keep forgetting) of the camera aperture. To give
a convincing sense of scale, it should be around the equivalent of 1 cm
in scene dimensions.

The "blur_samples", "confidence" and "variance" parameters can be used
to tweak render speed and quality.