POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water: povray play with -1000 : Re: Water: povray play with -1000 Server Time
4 May 2024 16:30:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water: povray play with -1000
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Mar 2016 09:34:05
Message: <56f68fcd@news.povray.org>
On 3/26/2016 12:16 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 26-3-2016 12:12, Stephen wrote:

>>> Sea is mesh?
>>>
>>> I want to simulate a sea surf. :)
>>>

>> Isosurface If I remember correctly.
>>

> Yep. Isosurface.
>
> To make an animation of a sea surface, I just don't know how to do that
> I am afraid.

Yes, beyond me too and my PC, I suspect.

Using a series of meshes or heightfields should be possible. I remember
using a 3DMax plugin to create a mesh of bow waves. The resolution was
not good enough to use in close ups. I think that it could be acceptable
if you shrouded it in particles for the spray.

--

Regards
     Stephen