POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : printing object's identifier : Re: printing object's identifier Server Time
18 May 2024 17:12:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: printing object's identifier
From: jr
Date: 19 Mar 2016 12:38:58
Message: <56ed80a2$1@news.povray.org>
hi,

On 19/03/2016 03:13, Bald Eagle wrote:

cool, thank you.  two nits though [cue image of Edvard Munch's "The
Scream" :-)]:

you write:
> I was a little confused, since I run POV-Ray on a Winbloze 7 machine and don't
> often use CLI.

which means that the added comment ("..Try using _____Declare=OBJ=1_____
in the command-line box..") ought to be at the top of the file, along
with the other usage info, to avoid other Windows users getting 'caught
out'.

and wrt the confirmation message, it's one sentence and there's a comma
before the 'now rendering', so the 'now' should be lowercase (unless you
prefer it as two, shorter sentences).

also, given that the .pov is the result of collaborative effort, I think
you ought to rip out the "thank you to" line and add self to authors.

jr.