POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povclipse2 : Re: povclipse2 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 08:39:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povclipse2
From: clipka
Date: 18 Mar 2016 21:52:57
Message: <56ecb0f9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.03.2016 um 22:24 schrieb dick balaska:

> Eine frage, bitte.
>
> He writes in perfect Java Geek English, except in one case...
>
> For brace matching, he calls {} Geschweift, and <> are Spitz.
> I want to keep that tradition, what are the proper German geek words for
> () and [] ?

Those German words aren't actually geek -- these braces are commonly
known as "geschweifte Klammern" (literally "pony-tailed brackets") and
"spitze Klammern" (literally "pointy brackets").

To keep with the spirit, the other two should be called "Rund" and
"Eckig", respectively, because the common terms are "runde Klammern" (or
just "Klammern") and "eckige Klammern".