POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : printing object's identifier : Re: printing object's identifier Server Time
5 May 2024 12:34:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: printing object's identifier
From: jr
Date: 18 Mar 2016 21:38:06
Message: <56ecad7e@news.povray.org>
hi,

>> I will put a simple, contrived scene file together, give me a few days..

I'm sure you know how, (often) immediately writing something like "can
not think of /any/ realistic use case" an idea, from nowhere, lodges
itself in the brain, persistent, like an itch that must be scratched?
anyway, it happened and I had to get it of my system, the resulting file
is attached.

> It was simply a suggestion - please take your time and pardon my shameless and
> opportunistic "tagging" of you.  ;)

too late!  :-)

the .pov illustrates building object identifiers dynamically via cli.
the file is commented and works with version 3.7.0.  it does lack visual
pizzazz but I'm no artist anyway.  also, the newlines in the error
messages don't work on my machine.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: