POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Involute curves W I P : Re: Involute curves W I P Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:59:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Involute curves W I P
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 18 Mar 2016 04:41:15
Message: <56ebbf2b$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18/03/2016 07:59, Le_Forgeron a écrit :

And I forgot: the involute starts from the red circle outward. The inner
part of the tooth can be a radial line, curved according to the tools
needed to remove the metal to join the most inner circle.
(at least as long as the number of teeth of each gear is big enough.
gears with few teeth (like 12 or less) need more caution on the inner part.)