POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D images (for Mike Horvath) : Re: 3D images (for Mike Horvath) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images (for Mike Horvath)
From: StephenS
Date: 12 Mar 2016 19:16:25
Message: <56e4b159$1@news.povray.org>
> Do you mean I should separate the cameras by 1
> unit for every 25 units of distance from the target?
Yes
The pictures reminds me of to much offset (10 to 1?).
Although there maybe other ways to get this effect.

You are using converging lines, fixed look_at.
I use parallel lines for my work, same viewing plane.
A different 'rule of thumb' may be needed.
I'm happy with my 3d effect, although not always with the subject matter ;-)

Stephen S