POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D images (for Mike Horvath) : Re: 3D images (for Mike Horvath) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:38:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D images (for Mike Horvath)
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 12 Mar 2016 18:32:33
Message: <56e4a711$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/12/2016 4:46 PM, StephenS wrote:
>> How do you set the offset to xx? I can use the adjust and auto adjust
>> but cannot see a setting for it.
>>
> In the program used to generate the two pictures (Povray), offset the
> camera 25 to 1 between pictures.
>
> For all my anaglyphs I also move the camera_look_at by the same amount.
>
> Stephen S

I still don't understand. Do you mean I should separate the cameras by 1
unit for every 25 units of distance from the target?

I actually separate the cameras by a fixed angle (5 degrees), with the
target as the center point, instead of a linear distance. What angle
would a 25:1 ratio be?

// Camera
#ifndef (LDXSkipCamera)
	#declare camera_eye = 1;			// -1 = no eye, 0 = left eye, 1 = right eye
	#declare LDXCamAspect = image_width/image_height;
	camera {
		location	LDXCameraLoc
		sky			LDXCameraSky
		right		LDXCamAspect * < -1,0,0 >