POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset : Re: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VRheadset Server Time
29 Apr 2024 09:33:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VRheadset
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 11 Mar 2016 19:13:37
Message: <56e35f31$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/11/2016 10:37 AM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> Interesting too is that changing the z directional function to:
>>
>> function { 0.1+cos((select(x,(x+0.5)*2,(x*2)) * 2 * pi) - pi) * cos(pi /
>> 2 - (1-(y+0.5))*pi) }
>>
>> gives a partial image.
>
>    Yes, for me +1 gives one part, and -1 seems to give the rest.
>
> --
> jaime

It looks like the difference has something to do with this test in
<install>/source/core/render/tracepixel.cpp :

//          if (cameraDirection.IsNearNull(EPSILON))
//              return false;

because if commented as shown above, I get the same result seen from the
posted windows exe result. I'm still playing and I'll post more if I
learn more.

Bill P.