POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Furry towel : Re: Furry towel Server Time
5 May 2024 09:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Furry towel
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Mar 2016 03:08:12
Message: <56dfd9ec@news.povray.org>
On 8-3-2016 18:23, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>    Ah, yes... I didn't remember that one, but do remember now. Looks
> gorgeous too. But here the threads seem all vertical? On my towel I used
> a pigment (bumps) as a guide to tilt the threads smoothly.

I used a slight perturbation on the threads' angles. Nothing fancy I
confess. It was a kind of proof of concept for me and I might dig into
the code some day when I shall need a carpet badly (that is how things
work for me most of the time).

I checked the code and saw it dropped 500k threads on the whole carpet.

--
Thomas