POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bread : Re: Bread Server Time
18 May 2024 07:07:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bread
From: Alain
Date: 6 Mar 2016 13:38:06
Message: <56dc790e@news.povray.org>

> Same with gluten-free food: It's augmented, so there's more money to be
> made with it than with conventional food, so we all need to eat it.

Gluten free is NOT augmented but *reduced* food.
Gluten, a protein, is removed from the weat. There is nothing added,
just a removed nutrient.

Similarly, with cholesterol. Cholesterol free water, fruit juices and
breveages never contain any, but adding "cholesterol free" allow hiking
the price obsenely. Trying to controll your cholesterol level by
controlling what you heat is totaly futile, and has been demonstrated in
the late 50's, early 60's, then explained before 1965.
You'd need to eat over 20 Kg of butter with each meal to marginaly
increase your blood cholesterol level.