POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bread : Re: Bread Server Time
18 May 2024 08:02:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bread
From: clipka
Date: 5 Mar 2016 04:52:00
Message: <56daac40$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.03.2016 um 10:07 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 4-3-2016 19:01, clipka wrote:
>>> Now everyone's blaming gluten, so wheat's gotta go.  (Anyone taking
>>> bets?)
>>
>> You're gonna fart more frequently? :P
>>

> It is crazy. Because about 0.6 percent of population has a gluten
> problem, everybody needs to stop eating it?

It could be worse.

Because a fraction of the population had a hypothyreosis problem (*),
everybody needed to /start/ eating iodine a few decades ago.

Now we have portions of the population who have a _hyperthyreosis_
problem, and they _cannot stop_ eating iodine because there's no
low-iodine food available anymore.

But there's always more money to be made in selling augmented stuff
(provided you can get the propaganda rolling) than there is in selling
the conventional, so we all need to eat iodine.

(*The incidence of hyperthyreosis and its link to lack of iodine
happened to have been discovered shortly after the Chernobyl nuclear
catastrophe proved less catastrophic to Europe than feared, and the
medical industry was left with an excess production of iodine
supplements. But I guess the timing was just a coincidence...)

Same with gluten-free food: It's augmented, so there's more money to be
made with it than with conventional food, so we all need to eat it.

> Nowadays, eating is not about... eating (and enjoying it btw) it is
> about ingesting certain chemical compounds and avoiding others, if one
> believes the /vox populi/.

/vox propagandi/ would be more to the point.