POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content : Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:06:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content
From: clipka
Date: 5 Mar 2016 04:11:08
Message: <56daa2ac$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.03.2016 um 03:03 schrieb Clodo:
> I try to build two camera{spherical} image, left and right, simply by translate
> on X axis the camera{location} by -0.065/2 and +0.065/2. And of course copy both
> image in a single image.

That doesn't cut it, as you've discovered yourself. The problem is that
the offset required is different for each pixel (or, more precisely,
each column of pixels).

> I done some research, and i discover this page:
> http://paulbourke.net/stereographics/povcameras/ that include a specific
> "Stereoscopic spherical projection".

I definitely need to bookmark this one.

> Sorry but i still not understand why your talking about a Mesh projection, i
> simply don't have some background knowledge.

POV-Ray 3.7 has introduced a new camera type "mesh_camera". It has
different modes, some of which serve quite different purposes, but they
all have in common that the camera geometry is defined by one or more
mesh or mesh2 objects.

In most modes, each mesh triangle defines the ray origin and direction
for an individual pixel of the result image, giving you full control
over the camera geometry on a per-pixel basis.