POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cave concept : Re: Cave concept Server Time
2 Jul 2024 20:53:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cave concept
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 5 Mar 2016 04:06:00
Message: <56daa178@news.povray.org>
Nothing really new in a visual sense, but this image uses now meshes
instead isosurfaces, thanks to meshrelief.inc by Bill Pragnell. Maybe
the detail is not as great, but is very similar and the render time has
dropped insanely (this one has bigger size, more objects, focal blur,
and it renders just under half an hour). Maybe now I will be able to add
translucency and some wet-surfaces effect.

(Yes, I know I overdid the focal blur and it looks like a toy cave... :)

--
jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'the-cave-09b-27m.jpg' (236 KB)

Preview of image 'the-cave-09b-27m.jpg'
the-cave-09b-27m.jpg