POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : BlendPov-alternative: screenshots : Re: BlendPov-alternative: screenshots Server Time
13 May 2024 20:33:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BlendPov-alternative: screenshots
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 4 Mar 2016 10:44:18
Message: <56d9ad52$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2016 12:11 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> LanuHum wrote on 27/02/2016 13.14:
>>> Polygons write as prism.
>>> Very good result!
>>>
>>> Write, parse and render:
>>>    mesh as mesh: 4 minutes :(
>>>    mesh as prism: 20 seconds. :)
>>>
>>> the dried-up sea: 40 000 n-gons:
>>>
>> Great image!
>> Now, a parameter to change slightly the heights of the prisms...
>> ;-)
>> Paolo

First, I think this prism feature quite neat! I see too from the bottom
ortho view that the voronoi is 2D - or effectively so.

Is the point set for the voronoi result point by point controllable in
Blender? In other words, are users able to define a set of points from
which the 2D/3D voronoi diagram is created?

Aside: I'd like such an ability in POV-Ray in addition to the strictly
random points used in the voronoi/crackle pattern we have today(1).

Bill P.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron#voronoi - with an input
point set. Though, I'd favor an extension to crackle over it so as to
have access to all the crackle options.