POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation : Re: Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation Server Time
19 May 2024 10:49:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 3 Mar 2016 18:15:27
Message: <56d8c58f$1@news.povray.org>
On 03.03.2016 3:43, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Is there a way to calculate where the control point needs to be given the
> surface coordinate?   I seem to recall some sort of A-Frame looking diagram,
> though I'll have to go dig that up and see if there's a way to back-calculate.

I think there is not enough degrees of freedom in single patch
to do meaningful interpolation. But you might connect the reference
points in such a way that they are at corners of patches (these should
touch) and calculate inner control points for smooth transitions.

See e.g. http://www.joshuarenglish.com/cyclopedia/patches.html