POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Military Khyberspace! : Re: Military Khyberspace! Server Time
13 May 2024 20:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Military Khyberspace!
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 2 Mar 2016 08:45:58
Message: <56d6ee96$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 02.03.2016 14:22, Stephen wrote:

> Yes, what about Khyberspace, indeed!
> Are you still going on with it?

Yes, I do... at the very moment, I'm sitting at the Kabul 1:100,000
heightfield (equalling about 12.5 metres from pixel to pixel) and pixel
my way along the mountain chain bordering the city in the southeast...

Automatic contour line interpolation is something too difficult for me,
at least for the time being (I tried to write a C++ program to do this
last autumn, but the results were far from satisfying), and even with
the best interpolation program, manual post-processing would be
necessary - which also means programming a special editor for 16-bit
POV-Ray heightfields!

As neither extreme longevity (1000 years or longer) nor collaborators in
the POV-Ray (and, later on, X3D/OpenGL) community are in sight, I
probably have to instill the love of Afghanistan and programming in my
little nephew, who just turned 3 years old in February... (and who is
really fond of his weird fat long-haired bearded uncle...)!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar