POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crystals Cave : Re: Crystals Cave Server Time
10 Jun 2024 05:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crystals Cave
From: dick balaska
Date: 1 Mar 2016 04:06:20
Message: <56d55b8c$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/1/2016 2:54 AM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>    Here is the final (I promise) version, using a bit of subsurface{} on
> the mushrooms. Also, the moss is a bit greener as Sven suggested. The
> focal blur has a few more samples, so finally it took almost 11h to
> render...

I like the color of the moss. I love the crystals.  But this line of
shrooms bugs me.  While my eye is looking at the centerpiece crystal, my
brain is tugging me to the two shrooms with the same s-shaped stem.
Which then makes me aware that there is a line of shrooms.
I almost mentioned in the last version that I would change one of those
two stems.  And it might not even be as noticeable this version because
the foreground s-stem is in shadow.  But I can't unsee it to tell. :)

I'm not a big fan of the focal blur.  It looks fine on the background
shrooms top-left, but it looks cheesy on the front left clump of shrooms.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'crystals-cave-09-detail-dick.jpg' (19 KB)

Preview of image 'crystals-cave-09-detail-dick.jpg'
crystals-cave-09-detail-dick.jpg