POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cave concept : Cave concept Server Time
15 May 2024 04:45:18 EDT (-0400)
  Cave concept
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 29 Feb 2016 05:44:56
Message: <56d42128@news.povray.org>
Hi:

     Here is a new scene on the making... a cave with stalactites and
stalagmites. The rough shape is a mesh created with Wings3d, then I
added a heighfield for the ground, and thrown some isosurface rocks
using trace(). Finally, also using trace(), I added some stalactites and
stalactites, which are cone-shaped isosurfaces. The water is currently a
simple plane, but should evolve into a heighfield. And yes, there will
be crystals there at some point, but for the moment I'm just looking for
comments/suggestions about the cave itself.

--
jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'the-cave-05-2h2m.jpg' (111 KB)

Preview of image 'the-cave-05-2h2m.jpg'
the-cave-05-2h2m.jpg