POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : #write : Re: #write Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:51:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #write
From: clipka
Date: 29 Feb 2016 00:53:28
Message: <56d3dcd8$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.02.2016 um 06:25 schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
>> Am 28.02.2016 um 19:56 schrieb Anthony D. Baye:
>>> PoV throws a segmentation fault on a malformed #write statement.
>>>
>>> e.g. #write(fileHandle, arg1 [, ...] // no closing paren.
>>
>> Are you using the leatest and greatest version?
>
> The datestamp on my build folder indicates that it was compiled on 2 Aug.

And what version does POV-Ray claim to be?

> I haven't heard about any new releases,

I'm currently cranking out changes and even Windows builds at such a
rate that I've ceased to announce them ;)

> and it's not like I make a habit of recompiling regularly.

Fair enough.
In this case, however, I recall having fixed a similar bug or two in the
past, so there's a chance that this particular issue has been fixed as well.

Also, I haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself so far, even
with POV-Ray 3.7.0, so I need you as a guinea pig ;)