POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Only kind wishes to developers! : Re: Only kind wishes to developers! Server Time
17 May 2024 04:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only kind wishes to developers!
From: dick balaska
Date: 28 Feb 2016 17:11:37
Message: <56d37099$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/28/2016 12:53 PM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:

> We need people to work on the Moray codebase.

I have no interest in Moray, but what I'm looking to work on (other than
my own pov-programs)

1) povray - Debug stream on windows wraps at 80 chars, even writing to a
file. Unix doesn't do this.  This should be an easy fix and get my feet
wet in the povray code base.

2) povray - Memory leaks.  Povwin leaks like a sieve. My workflow has
changed to, every time before I render a couple hundred frames, I exit
and restart pov to get back memory. povwin can grow to 4GB easily. I'm
hoping to find a tool that makes this jump out easily. It looks like the
built in profile tools in vs15 may do this.

3) povclipse - I understand that it doesn't work with 3.7.  I couldn't
use it as is anyway without a dynamic preview window. I want to add
that. (The number of times in povwin I have Shift-clicked a label
expecting to go to the definition; or highlight a token expecting it to
highlight that token everywhere.