POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Only kind wishes to developers! : Re: Only kind wishes to developers! Server Time
2 Jun 2024 13:01:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only kind wishes to developers!
From: Alain
Date: 28 Feb 2016 15:25:26
Message: <56d357b6$1@news.povray.org>

> My dear developers!
> You do a lot of work.
> I see it.
> Your mistake - isn't present a fast render of curves.
> Sphere_sweep - bad option.
> Povray - is very good. But, you are stubborn. :)
> Why you aren't interested time of a render
>   scenes, but only quality???
> Quality - it is very good, but speed is your prize.
> You don't understand it - it is bad.
> I don't advise. I recommend to strengthen your force.
> You are strong!
> Give us what isn't present anywhere!
>
> Sorry, if you haven't understood me again :) :(

Over time, there have been several speed improvement for several
features. For example, focal blur, on the exact same computer, is
significaly faster now than using version 3.6.

POV-Ray also got faster for some other features over time. Also, the
hardware performance increased exponentialy.

BUT... We still have scenes that take just as long to render as they did
in 1980.

As computer's power increased, and new features are introduced and
improved, artists made more complex and demanding scenes, and also
rendered at larger resolution and beter antialiasing settings.

The use of advanced features, once rarely used, became common place. In
the 90's, radiosity and area_light where seldom used.

We commonly use media to make clouds while there was a time where all
clouds where made using sky_sphere and, some times, planes using mostly
transparent pigments.

Give peoples super computer 1000 times faster than today's computers,
and they will make scenes that will take the same time to render, and
even more, as they demand at least 1000 more computation.

Alain