POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Only kind wishes to developers! : Re: Only kind wishes to developers! Server Time
2 May 2024 19:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only kind wishes to developers!
From: clipka
Date: 27 Feb 2016 23:24:25
Message: <56d27679$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.02.2016 um 23:48 schrieb LanuHum:

> I've been told: "There are many renderer better, than Povray"
> Users find other renderer. Why? Why doesn't interest developers
> prestige?

Trying to make POV-Ray more like the other popular renderers out there
in order to attract more users would actually achieve the very opposite.
They have a much greater share of the "market", they have a long head
start in what they are doing, and I'd also guess that they have a lot
more manpower at their disposal.

If we don't want POV-Ray to die out, we must keep doing things our own
way, and hope it will keep filling a niche.

Of course that shouldn't stop us from looking at what others are doing,
and let them inspire ourselves. But blindly imitating them -- that would
be POV-Ray's end.

>>> Why you aren't interested time of a render
>>>  scenes, but only quality???

We /are/ interested in render time; we just consider other things more
importand and more urgent at the moment.