POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crystals Cave : Re: Crystals Cave Server Time
29 May 2024 07:46:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crystals Cave
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 23 Feb 2016 05:18:20
Message: <56cc31ec$1@news.povray.org>
El 23/02/16 a las 00:02, William F Pokorny escribió:
> I like all these crystal images, but my favorite thus far is this
> clear quartz one casting rainbows of light on the surrounding rock.

   Yes, photons+dispersion gives very nice results... but it's very slow,
specially if you add focal blur into the mix. Of course I will use them
on the final render of the cave, but I'm guessing a render time of more
than 12h...

> In my last two apartments I've hung glass prisms in windows catching
> morning sunlight. Having brilliant spreads of color show up on the
> walls around me as I drink my first coffee of the day always greatly
> brightens my mood.

   That's a very nice idea, if you have a window that catches morning
sunlight. Mine doesn't until 10 AM or so, but at least I've direct
sunlight until sunset.

> (And that deadly caffeine - being discussed in povray-off-topic -
> saves my mood on the cloudy days ;-) )

   Ah... fortunately I don't read p.off-topic, so I can happily continue
to drink lots of coffee every day (and not only early on the morning).

--
jaime