POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "near sunset" : Re: "near sunset" Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "near sunset"
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 20 Feb 2016 18:52:32
Message: <56c8fc40$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 14.01.2016 07:49, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Yes. And what most people don't know, is that older CRT monitors display
> many millions of colors, while LED flatscreens display only several
> thousands.
>
> As graphic designer, I still keep my older but better CRTs... :-)

As long as you don't have to keep an eye on your electricity bill, they
are fine... but they are also very bulky, especially those 19-, 21- or
23-inch behemoths capable of display really high resolutions!

Currently, I'm on a retrocomputing trip and thus about to build myself a
386, 486 or first generation Pentium computer, as a monitor I would like
to choose a 14- or 15-inch CRT, any larger one would be overkill for
MS-DOS and also not fit into my shelf...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar